Trick-or-treaters will have just as much fun making these as they will eating them!
Halloween Mummy Dogs
2 tubes refrigerator pizza dough rolls
1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Freshly grated Parmesan (part-skim) cheese
4 tablespoons pizza sauce or pasta sauce
8 hot dogs
Optional pizza toppings: onions, green peppers, olives, etc.
1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning mix (or your own mix of oregano, thyme, parsley, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Open package of pizza dough, gather ingredients, grate cheese, and dice vegetables.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place pizza dough on sheet and cut into 8 squares; press dough thin with fingers.
- Add pizza sauce to each square.
- Add hot dogs and other pizza toppings and pizza herbs to taste.
- "Mummify" the hot dogs by wrapping them completely in the dough and pinching the ends.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until crust begins to brown.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dip
Makes 6 servings.