Hand Ice Mold and Dragon's Blood Punch
- 1 new rubber glove, washed well and rinsed
- 1 pound coffee can, washed and rinsed
- 1 (64-ounce) bottle apple juice, chilled
1 (64-ounce) bottle cranberry juice, chilled
2 (32-ounce) bottles ginger ale, chilled
Red food coloring (optional)
- To make the hand, fill rubber glove with water. Tie at the wrist with string and freeze one or two days. Unmold. Sometimes a finger will fall off when unmolding, this only adds to the ghoulish effect.
- To make a base for the hand, fill coffee can about 1/3 full with water. Insert the hand and freeze until firm. To remove, run water on the outside of can.
- When ready to serve pour half the chilled juices and ginger ale into the punch bowl. Insert hand ice mold in the center. Fill bowl with remaining juices and soda. For added effect, place a few drops of red food coloring on the tips of the fingers just before serving.
Makes 20 1-cup servings.