5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup finely chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts
Candy corn or other Halloween candies
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets. Beat butter and
sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and
fluffy. Add egg, flour, salt and vanilla. Stir in nuts.
2. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie
sheets. Arrange 6 cookies per sheet, flattening to 2-inch discs.
(Cookies will spread to about 6 inches and become very lacy while
3. Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until caramel-colored and firm. Do not
4. Cool 1 minute. Working quickly with spatula, ease 1 cookie at a
time from cookie sheet. Keeping top of cookie on the outside, form
into cornucopia shape by hand, or by partially wrapping around the
handle of wooden spoon. Place cornucopia seam side down on plate to
harden. Repeat with remaining cookies. Cookies will firm as they
cool, so return them to oven for about 30 seconds to make them more
5. To serve, arrange on tray. If desired, fill with candy or other
treats. Cornucopias may also be used as place cards; insert name
tags into each cookie.
Helpful Hints For best results, use insulated light-not black-cookie
sheets. Thoroughly cool cookie sheets between batches.