- 2 pouches Certo Fruit Pectin
- 2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar, measured into separate bowl (See tip below.)
1 1/3 cups light corn syrup
1 envelope Kool-Aid Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix, any flavor
Additional sugar for rolling
- Butter or spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir fruit pectin, 2 tablespoons water and baking soda in 4-quart saucepan. (Mixture will foam slightly.) Cook on high heat, stirring constantly, until foam has thinned. Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups sugar, corn syrup and soft drink mix.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat and boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir mixture until bubbles have thinned.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until mixture is cool and firm, about 3 hours.
- Loosen edges with point of sharp knife. Invert pan onto wax paper which has been sprinkled with about 2 tablespoons sugar. Sprinkle an additional 2 tablespoons sugar over top of candy.
- Cut into 1-inch squares or decorative shapes with small cookie cutters. Roll candy pieces to coat in sugar, shaking off excess.
- Let stand overnight, uncovered, at room temperature before packing or storing.
Makes 24 servings.
How To Measure Precisely:
To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon sugar into dry metal or plastic measuring cups, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 120, Total fat 0g, Saturated fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 60mg, Carbohydrate 33g, Dietary fiber 0g, Sugars 27g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 0%DV, Vitamin C 4%DV,
Calcium 0%DV, Iron 0%DV.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.