Here's my Heart Fudge
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips, divided use
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 jar (7 ounce) marshmallow creme
1 1/2 cups (12-ounce can) evaporated milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1 cup candied red cherries, quartered
Few drops red food color (optional)
- Line 13x9x2-inch pan with foil.
- Place 1 cup white chips and almond extract in medium bowl.
- In second medium bowl, stir together cocoa, 1/4 cup melted butter and vanilla extract until mixture is smooth; add remaining 1 cup white chips (chips do not need to melt).
- Combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and 1/4 cup butter in heavy 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil (bubbles can't be stirred down); continue boiling and stirring 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Immediately add half of hot mixture to bowl with white chips only. Pour remainder into cocoa mixture; stir to blend.
- Beat white chip mixture until chips are completely melted; stir in cherries. Add red food color, if desired. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Beat cocoa mixture until chips are melted and mixture thickens slightly. Spread evenly over top of white chip layer.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm. Remove from pan; peel off foil. Cut with heart-shaped cookie cutters or cut into squares. Cover; store in refrigerator.
Makes about 8 dozen squares.
NOTE: For best results, do not double this recipe.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Hershey Company, Copyright ©1995-2005.