- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 pound margarine or butter, softened
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups Quaker ® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Flat wooden sticks
Prepared vanilla frosting
Assorted candies (such as candy corn, spearmint leaves, chocolate pieces, candy-coated chocolate pieces)
- In large bowl, beat sugar and margarine until creamy. Add eggs and milk; beat well.
- Add combined oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Cover; chill about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch diameter balls.
- Place 3-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Insert a flat wooden stick into side of each ball of dough.
- Using bottom of glass dipped in sugar, flatten to form 2 3/4-inch diameter circles.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Decorate as desired with frosting and candies.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: 1 cookie.
Calories 140, Calories From Fat 60, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrates 18g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 2g, Total Sugars 8g.