- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups Quaker ® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
About 24 wooden craft sticks
1 (16-ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting, colored as desired, or colored icing in tubes
Colored candies (such as WONKA ® RUNTS ® and/or NERDS ® )
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla with electric mixer; until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips, oats and raisins.
- Drop dough by level 1/4-cup measure 3-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Shape into round mounds. Insert wooden stick into side of each mound.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Decorate pops as desired.
Makes 2 dozen cookie pops.
- COOK'S TIP:
For Speedy Monster Pops: substitute 2 (18-ounces each) packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough for the first nine ingredients, adding 1 cup Quaker ® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) and 1/2 cup raisins to the dough. Bake as stated above, 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies.