- 4-ounce (1/2 of 8-ounce package) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
4 cups powdered sugar
Green and red food coloring
Green, red and white decorating icings (optional)
- Beat cream cheese, butter, corn syrup and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until well blended.
- Divide mixture into thirds. Knead a few drops green food coloring into one third; repeat with red food coloring and second third. Leave remaining third plain. Wrap each piece in plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls, working with 1 color at a time. Place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. Flatten each ball with bottom of glass lightly dipped in granulated sugar. Repeat with remaining mixtures.
- Decorate with icings, if desired; let dry.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Makes about 5 dozen candies or 20 servings.
Substitute a few drops peppermint oil for the peppermint extract.
Let the kids create their own fun candies for themselves or for serving holiday visitors. Decorate with chocolate or multi-colored sprinkles or green- and red-colored sugars.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 130, Total fat 2.5g, Saturated fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 30mg,
Carbohydrate 26g, Dietary fiber 0g, Sugars 24g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 0%DV, Vitamin C 0%DV,
Calcium 0%DV, Iron 0%DV.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.