Candy Corn Cookies
Butter Cookie Dough (recipe follows)
Cookie Glaze (recipe follows)
Yellow and orange food colorings
1. Prepare Butter Cookie Dough.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch
thickness. Cut out 3-inch candy corn shapes from dough. Place
cutouts on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove
to wire racks to cool completely. Prepare Cookie Glaze.
4. Place racks over waxed-paper-lined baking sheets. Divide Cookie
Glaze into thirds; place in separate small bowls. Tint 1/3 glaze
with yellow food coloring and 1/3 with orange food coloring. Leave
remaining glaze white. Spoon glazes over cookies to resemble candy
corn as shown in photo. Let stand until glaze is set.
Cookie Glaze Combine 4 cups powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons milk in
small bowl. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons more milk as needed to make
medium-thick, pourable glaze.
Bat Cookies Omit yellow and orange food colorings. Prepare recipe as
directed except use bat cookie cutter to cut out dough. Bake as
directed. Color glaze with black paste food coloring; spoon over
Butter Cookie Dough
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg yolk in
medium bowl. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
2. Cover; refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm.