Creepy Crawly Spider Cookies
- 2 cups (12-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided use
1/2 cup crispy-rice cereal
1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
1 small tube decorator frosting (optional)
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a 2 to 4 cup glass measure. Heat on HIGH in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove, stir, and heat on HIGH for 1 minute. Let set for 1 minute and stir until chips are melted. Or melt chocolate chips in a heavy saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Mix in the cereal and the coconut. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper for the spider bodies.
- Melt the second cup of chocolate chips. Gently stir in chow mein noodles (being careful not to break noodles up). Pick noodles out one by one and attach them to the spider bodies for legs (8 to a spider).
- Add dots of frosting for eyes, if desired. Leftover chocolate noodles can be spooned onto waxed paper for additional treat.
Makes 36 cookies.