Youngsters will love discovering dinosaurs in these great cookies.
Fossilized Egg Nest Chewies
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Quaker ® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup toffee baking bits
1 cup NESTLÉ ® TOLL HOUSE ® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
1 cup yogurt-covered raisins
36 Gummi dinosaur candies
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in coconut, toffee bits and mini chocolate morsels; mix well.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Gently press 3 yogurt-covered raisins into top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. (Cookies should be soft in center.) Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks. Immediately press Gummi dinosaur into top of each cookie. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes 3 dozen.
* For old fashioned oats, add 2 tablespoons additional flour.
Nutritional Information: 1 cookie: Calories 220, Calories From Fat 100, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 2g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oat Company.