These crisp, tender buttery cut-out cookies can be decorated with colorful frosting to capture the spirit of the occasion.
Frost On The Pumpkin Cookies
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES ® Butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup LAND O LAKES ® Butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 to 4 tablespoons milk
Green, yellow and red food color
- Chocolate chips, candy corn, fruit-shaped candy, etc.
- Combine 1 cup butter, sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Add flour and baking powder; beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each third into ball. Wrap in plastic food wrap; flatten to 1/2 inch. Refrigerate until firm (2 to 3 hours).
- Heat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-third at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch round cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla in small bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often and gradually adding enough milk for desired frosting consistency.
- Place 1/2 cup frosting in small bowl. Add 4 to 5 drops green food color. Stir until well mixed. Tint remaining frosting with about 20 drops yellow and about 4 drops red food color to make orange frosting. Stir until well mixed. Frost cooled cookies with orange frosting. Use green frosting to make stem. Use assorted candies for eyes, nose and mouth.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Nutrition Facts (1 cookie):
Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodium: 75 mg
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 1 g
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of Land O Lakes, Inc.