Creepy whipped topping ghosts haunt this cookie and pudding graveyard! If you don't want to get goose bumps making the cookie tombstones, let the kids have the fun.
Ghosts In The Graveyard II
- 1 (16-ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies
3 1/2 cups milk
2 (3-ounce) package chocolate flavored instant pudding mix
1 (12-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed - divided use
- Crush cookies in food processor.
- Pour cold milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. Gently fold in 3 cups of the whipped topping and half of the crushed cookies. Spoon into a 13x9-inch dish. Sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
- To Decorate Graveyard: Decorate assorted cookies with decorating icings or gels to make 'tombstones.' Stand 'tombstones' on top of dessert with candy corn, candy pumpkins and tiny jelly beans. Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls onto dessert to create ghosts. Decorate with candies to create 'eyes.'
- Boo Cups: Layer pudding mixture, remaining crushed cookies and candy corn or tiny jelly beans in 12 to 16 glasses or clear plastic cups. Decorate with additional candies, decorated cookies and whipped topping, as desired.
Makes 16 servings.