Great Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups Quaker ® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup LIBBY'S ® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raisins
Decorating icings, semi-sweet chocolate chips, candies, raisins or nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Drop 1/4 cup dough onto prepared baking sheet; spread into 3-inch circle or oval. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Decorate as desired with icing, morsels, candies, raisins or nuts.
Makes 20 large cookies.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.