You'll fall in love with these pumpkin bars! They have a light texture, are full of cinnamon, ginger, raisins and nuts and are topped with cream cheese frosting.
Harvest Pumpkin-Spice Bars
- 4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 cups Gold Medal ® all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins
Rich Cream Cheese Frosting (See Below)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in raisins. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Frost with Rich Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- For 49 bars, cut into 7 rows by 7 rows. Refrigerate any remaining bars.
Makes 49 servings.
- Rich Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
Add a bit of lemon zing to the cream cheese frosting by substituting lemon juice for the vanilla and adding 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel.
To ensure recipe success if using a vegetable oil spread, use a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil.
Nutritional Information: 1 Serving, Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70 ); Total Fat 8 g (Saturated Fat 2 g); Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 95 mg; Total Carbohydrate 21 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 2 g% Daily Value: Vitamin A 30 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2 %; Iron 2 %, Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of General Mills, Inc.