Old Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened (we recommend LAND O LAKESŪ
* 1 cup LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 Glaze (recipe follows)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking power, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
in medium bowl. beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well
blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto
prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking
sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Drizzle Glaze over cookies.
COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1
tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small
bowl until smooth.
Notes: For a variation add 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts to the