Halloween Chicken Pizza Masks
- 1 pound ground chicken
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 package (6 count) English muffins, split
2 tablespoons soft margarine, divided use
1 1/2 cups bottled pizza sauce, divided use
1 teaspoon oregano
1 large green pepper
4-ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
4-ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
3 large pitted ripe olives, each sliced into 4 rings
- Heat frypan to medium-high temperature. Add ground chicken and onion; cook, stirring, until all red is gone, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- With aluminum foil, cover 10 1/2 x 15 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Spread each muffin half with 1/2 teaspoon margarine and arrange in single layer on prepared pan.
- Spread heaping tablespoon pizza sauce on each muffin half. Cover generously with ground chicken and onion; sprinkle with oregano.
- Cut 12 slivers of green pepper into "smiling" mouth shapes and set aside; chop remaining pepper and sprinkle on pizzas.
- Mix together Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; sprinkle generously on mini-pizzas.
- Bake in 450 degrees F. oven about 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Make mask face on each pizza by using 2 ripe olive rings for eyes and pepper slice for mouth. Turn some slices up for smiles and some down for frowns.
Makes 12 mini-pizzas.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.