Certo ® Spiced Pumpkin Freezer Spread
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3 1/2 cups granulated sugar, measured into separate bowl
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 pouch Certo Fruit Pectin
- Rinse clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Measure 2 cups pumpkin and spice into large bowl. Stir in sugars. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix lemon juice and pectin until well blended. Add to pumpkin mixture; stir 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
- Fill all containers immediately to within 1/2-inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Spread is now ready to use.
- Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year.
- Thaw in refrigerator before using.
Makes about 5 (1 cup) containers.
How To Measure Sugar Precisely:
To get exact level cup measures of sugar, spoon into dry metal or plastic measuring cups, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 40, Total fat 0g, Saturated fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Carbohydrate 11g, Dietary fiber 0g, Sugars 10g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 20%DV, Vitamin C 0%DV,
Calcium 0%DV, Iron 0%DV.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.