Mummy Hummus and Wraps
19 ounce can of chick peas
1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup sesame tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
5 garlic cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 dashes hot red pepper sauce
1/4 cup water
4 teaspoons fresh mint
1. Open the can of chickpeas, drain.
2. Ask for a Parent Wizard's help. Pour the chickpeas into the food
processor or blender. Whir on medium speed until smooth.
3. Add the sesame oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and red
pepper sauce to the blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Add the water and blend until smooth.
5. Chop up the mint leaves. Stir most of the mint into the hummus.
(Reserve a few leaves to place around the edges of the hummus.)
6. Serve with fresh veggies or Mummy Wraps.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C)
2. Cut the bread into small triangles. Split the bread in half so
that each triangle is only one layer of the bread.
3. Brush the triangles with a LIGHT coating of the olive oil.
4. Place the pita bread triangles onto the cookie sheet and toast
for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Chop up a small bunch of fresh parsley while the pita triangles
6. Use your oven mits to remove the cookie sheet from the oven. (Be
careful - it will be HOT!)
7. Once toasted, sprinkle the Mummy Wraps with the freshly chopped
8. Serve with fresh veggies or Mummy Hummus.