Kids of all ages will go for these chocolate-drizzled crisp cereal bars.
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES ® Butter, melted*
2 (10-ounce) packages regular-size marshmallows
3 drops orange food color
10 cups crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Lightly butter 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in 6-quart saucepan over low heat (1 to 2 minutes). Add marshmallows and food color; stir until melted (2 to 3 minutes). Add cereal; mix lightly until well coated.
- Pat cereal mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (2 to 4 minutes). Drizzle chocolate over bars. Let stand until set (30 minutes).
Makes 48 bars.
*Substitute LAND O LAKES ® Soft Baking Butter with Canola Oil.
Nutrition Facts (1 bar):
Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 70 mg
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 1 g
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of Land O Lakes, Inc.