Covered with Kisses Chocolate-Cherry Torte
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
1 3/4 cups (10-ounce) package HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9-inch springform pan, or line 9-inch round cake pan with foil; grease bottom of foil.
- Stir together melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; using spoon, beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating with spoon until well blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgey and will not test done.) Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat cream until stiff; gradually fold into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over top of torte; refrigerate several hours or until set. With knife loosen cake from side of pan; remove side of pan. (Or, lift torte out of pan, using foil; remove foil.).
- Just before serving, put chocolates in 6-inch-wide heart outline in center of cake. Fill heart shape with cherries from pie filling; put chocolates all around outside edge. Serve cold, cut into wedges, with remaining pie filling. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Hershey Company, Copyright ©1995-2005.