Dirt Cake II
- 1 (16-ounce) package chocolate cream-filled cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (3.25-ounce each) boxes instant chocolate-fudge flavored pudding
3 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 new (8-inch) diameter flower pot, washed and dried
1 new garden trowel, washed and dried
Plastic flowers, cleaned and dried
- 3 large gummy worms
- Crush cookies until they resemble potting soil, set aside.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and
fluffy. Set aside.
- Combine pudding mix and milk until well blended, fold in the whipped topping.
- Gently fold cream cheese and pudding mixture together.
- Line flower pot with plastic wrap.
- To put the cake together, layer 1/3 of the cookie crumbs followed by 1/2 the pudding mixture, 1/3 of the crumbs, the remaining pudding mixture and top with the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate 10 to 12 hours or overnight. About 1/2 hour before serving, remove from refrigerator and decorate with flowers and gummy worms.
- Serve by digging out portions with the trowel.
Serves 10 to 12.