- 16 Halloween Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided use
1 cup boiling water
1 (3.25-ounce) package Jell-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
20 drops each: green and yellow food coloring
8 (7-ounce) clear plastic cups
3 tablespoons white decorating icing
Black shoestring licorice, candy corn and cinnamon red hot candies
8 wooden pop sticks
- Crush 8 of the cookies; set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Remove any unmelted ice. Add whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Add food colorings; mix well. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture into each plastic cup. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the crushed cookies; cover with 1/4 cup of the gelatin mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Spread tops of the remaining cookies with decorating icing.
- Decorate each to resemble Dracula's face using licorice pieces for the mouth, nose and eyebrows, candy corn for the fangs and cinnamon candies for the eyes.
- Insert a pop stick into side of each decorated cookie. Insert 1 into each dessert just before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition: (per serving)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fiber 1g
Vitamin A 0%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV
Recipe provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.