Halloween Crisp Candy Corn Treats
10 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups mixture of candy corn and Indian candy corn
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 9 cups miniature marshmallows
Orange food coloring
- Butter a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix rice cereal, candy corn and chocolate chips together.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat; stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and add 3 or 4 drops food coloring; mix until well blended.
- Add marshmallow mixture to cereal mixture; stir quickly to combine. Turn onto prepared jelly roll pan; place a piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap the length of the pan over mixture and press mixture evenly into pan.
- While warm, press on candy pumpkins spaced 1 1/2 to 2-inches apart. When firm, cut into squares.
Makes about 4 dozen squares.