Halloween Poke Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1 (3.25-ounce) package Jell-O Brand Orange Flavor Gelatin
1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Prepare cake batter and bake in 13 x 9-inch baking pan as directed on package. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in small bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add cold water; stir. Carefully pour over cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Tint whipped topping orange with food coloring; spread onto top of cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Decorate with sprinkles. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition: (per serving)
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fiber 0g
Vitamin A 0%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.