Happy Pumpkin Faces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2 large eggs
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup plain M&M's
1 (16-ounce) container ready-made vanilla frosting
Plain M&M's harvest colors
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C).
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, mixing well; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter and shortening together until lightly fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in the oats and plain M&M's.
- Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place about 3-inches apart onto non-stick baking sheets. Press dough into the shape of a pumpkin. Add a bit of dough for stem.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread with frosting, tinted with food coloring if desired; decorate with harvest colored M&M's for the eyes and smile.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.