Have fun decorating this cheesecake with your kids. Then enjoy a serving of this spooky Halloween dessert for a special treat.
Howling Full Moon Cheesecake
- 28 Halloween Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided use
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 (8-ounce each) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
3 cups cold milk, divided use
2 (3.25-ounce each) packages Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
Yellow food coloring
4 cinnamon red hot candies
- Finely crush 26 of the cookies; mix with butter. Press firmly onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup of the milk, beating until well blended.
- Add remaining 2 cups milk to dry pudding mixes in another bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Add to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Gently stir in whipped topping and 2 drops food coloring. Pour into crust; smooth top with spatula.
- Add a few additional drops of food coloring to top of cheesecake; spread lightly to create a shimmering "full moon" effect.
- Cut remaining 2 cookies in half to resemble bats' wings. Add candies for the "eyes," securing candies to cookies with decorating gel. Place "bats" on top of cheesecake.
- Run small knife or spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
For added flair, sprinkle orange colored sugar around edge of cheesecake before serving.
Nutrition: (per serving)
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 11g
Dietary fiber 1g
Vitamin A 10%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.