Pumpkin Fruit Roll-ups
Chop pumpkin and cook in saucepan until soft. Use as little water as
possible. Puree in blender or food processor until the consistency
of thick applesauce.
* Add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice to mixture. Mix
* Spread puree on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper (tape wax
paper down so it won't curl over the pumpkin), leaving a 1-2 inch
border around the edge.
* Preheat oven to 275 F and bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn off oven
and leave door closed, letting the pumpkin dry 8-10 hours.
* When cooled to the touch, roll up and cut into 1-inch wide strips.
Seal in ZiplockŪ bags and serve as a yummy, inexpensive alternative
to commercial Fruit RollUpsŪ!
* OR leave flat and use Halloween-shaped cookie cutters to cut into
fun holiday shapes.