Pumpkin Patch Delight
- 1 (29-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Next, sprinkle cake mix over the pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle margarine over the cake mix and then sprinkle pecans over the top.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until done.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Iowa Egg Council.