Queen of Hearts Frozen Berry Tart
- 1 1/4 cups Quaker ® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
8 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1 pint raspberry or strawberry sorbet
1/2 pint fresh raspberries OR 1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, cocoa, brown sugar and almonds; mix well. Add margarine; mix well (mixture will be crumbly).
- Press oat mixture firmly onto bottom and about 1-inch upsides of pan.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until center feels firm but springs back when lightly touched. Place pan on wire rack; cool completely.
- Soften ice cream and sorbet by placing at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. (Sorbet will soften faster than the ice cream.)
- Spoon ice cream and sorbet onto cooled crust, alternating spoonfuls of ice cream and sorbet. Using spoon or knife, swirl ice cream and sorbet together, creating a marbled effect. Smooth top of dessert. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours, or as long as 3 days.
- Remove dessert from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Using a sharp knife, cut into wedges.
- Spoon raspberries and syrup over individual servings. Store tightly covered in freezer.
Makes 12 servings.
Cook's Tip: Sorbet gives this dessert a rich fruit flavor. Raspberry or strawberry sherbet may also be used.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: 1/12 of recipe.
Calories 320, Calories From Fat 130, Total Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 4.5g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium l30mg, Total Carbohydrates 45g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 5g.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.