Slimy Monster Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided use
24 large Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
1/4 cup green decorating sugar
1 (1.5-ounce) tube black decorating gel
1 cup cold milk
1 (3.25-ounce) package Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
2 or 3 drops green food coloring
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool.
- Place 1/3 cup of the whipped topping in large resealable plastic bag. Add marshmallows; seal bag. Shake until evenly coated.
- Place decorating sugar in shallow pan. Add marshmallows; toss lightly until marshmallows are evenly coated.
- Place in single layer on tray; decorate as desired using decorating gel.
- Pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat 2 minutes. Gently stir in remaining whipped topping until well blended.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the pudding mixture into small bowl. Add food coloring; stir until blended. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag. Snip off 1 corner from bottom of bag; set aside.
- Cut 1-inch chunk from top of each cupcake with small knife; remove and reserve for snacking or other use.
- Pipe pudding mixture from bag into holes in cupcakes. Spread tops with remaining pudding mixture.
- Top with the marshmallows. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 24 servings.
For an even more colorful cupcakes, add 1 or 2 drops each yellow and red food colorings to the remaining (plain) pudding mixture to tint it orange before spreading onto tops of filled cupcakes.
Omit black decorating gel. Prepare and frost cupcakes as directed. Cut black licorice into small pieces. Use to make monster faces on the coated marshmallows before placing on tops of cupcakes.
Nutrition: (per serving)
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fiber 0g
Vitamin A 0%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.