Spooky Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 24 Halloween Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (16-ounce) can ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
1 1/3 cups Baker's Angel Flake Coconut, tinted green with food coloring
Black decorating gel
24 Jet-Puffed BooMallows
- Split cookies, leaving filling on one side of each cookie. Coarsely chop plain split cookies. Set aside split cookies with filling for garnish.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package; gently stir in chopped cookies. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin pans.
- Bake as directed on package. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread cupcakes with frosting. Immediately sprinkle with tinted coconut.
- Decorate orange filling on split cookies with black decorating gel to resemble pumpkin faces; let dry.
- Stand 1 pumpkin face on edge in frosting on each cupcake. Top cupcakes with marshmallows.
Makes 24 servings.
Note: To tint coconut, just add 2 to 3 drops green food coloring to coconut in a plastic baggie and shake it until all the coconut is tinted. You may add more coloring until you reach the desired color you like.
Nutrition: (per serving)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fiber 1g
Vitamin A 4%DV
Vitamin C 0%DV
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.