- 1 (18.25-ounce) package cake mix, any flavor
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 (3.25-ounce) package Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
Few drops green food coloring
1 (8-ounce) package Mini Oreo Bite Size Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
10 Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Prepare cake batter and bake in 13 x 9-inch baking pan as directed on package. Cool completely.
- Transfer cake to cutting board; cut into pieces using diagram 1.
- Arrange cake pieces on cake board or large platter to form the witch's head, nose, hair and hat as shown in diagram 2.
- Frost and decorate with Embellishments as listed below. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
- Embellishments - Frosting : For frosting, add milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Remove 1 cup of the pudding mixture to use for the hair; spread remaining pudding mixture onto cake.
- Embellishments - Scary Face : For scary face and witch's wart, use the chocolate chunks.
- Embellishments - Ghoulish Green Hair: For ghoulish green hair, stir green food coloring into the reserved 1 cup pudding mixture. Spread onto the head as desired.
- Embellishments - Witch's Hat: For witch's hat, decorate with the cookies.
Diagram 1 Diagram 2
Nutrition: (per serving) Calories 330;Total fat 15g; Saturated fat 4g; Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 410mg; Carbohydrate 46g; Dietary fiber 1g; Sugars 31g; Protein 4g; Vitamin A 2%DV; Vitamin C 0%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 8%DV
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Kraft Food, Inc.